Whilst we represent most of the companies on the estate we cannot become complacent, we continually seek new members to ensure that we are even more representative of opinion and address new problems relating to crime or commercial matters. The following list shows our past present and future topics and achievements.
- Email network – all members, police and other industrial watches are emailed upon receipt of information on incidents, suspicious persons or vehicles.
- Monthly police report – feedback on reported incidents and results. Discussion of new problems from members on crime, road safety etc.
- Local authority liaison – correspondence, visits from councillors and officers. Two way discussions on matters of mutual concern.
- Inter-membership trading – Website – initiative to encourage members to use the services of fellow members.
- Exporting – members are exporting to various countries following talks from trade bodies and missions giving presentations at meetings.
- Road names and estate maps – we were instrumental in planning the new maps etc. to make businesses easier to find on the Nuffield Estate.
- Police liaison – we have our own beat officer and immediate access at inspector level and have the services of special constables. We previously had no one allocated specifically to the estate. The beat officer attends our bi-monthly meetings and we have occasional visits from CID, traffic and other specialists.
- Insurance – insurance companies have expressed an interest in discussing lower premiums at a future date.